Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Change is a Coming....

This past week has been such a whirlwind. Jordan and I both finished our first years of teaching!!! Our students did fabulous on their tests, and I left with many great memories at my first school, South Stokes. I have accepted a position in the history department at West Stokes where Jordan, and my Mama both work. I am extremely excited to join the Wildcat team and teach American History, but it was bittersweet leaving some dear colleagues and my students behind. I am a firm believer though that God will guide us into what we need to be doing, and where we need to be in life, and West was definitely the right move.


For the house, there has been so much change! We have a roof, walls, and lots of demolition going on throughout this past week. In the weeks to come, I can only imagine what the house will look like. 


The new addition was completely framed out here without a roof. The two shorter windows will have the sink under them, and the four windows in the corner will be a sun/sitting room. 




Wahoo we have a new exterior wall!

How different does the outside of the house look now? We have added a new third of the house on for kitchen and master bedroom space! 

The inside is framed! The picture is looking into our master bathroom and closet. 

This is our master bathroom again. 

This is the closet!!! I am super excited that I will have a walk-in closet. Even if I have to share it will Jordan when we get married, it will be amazing!

Our ceiling began to be framed out, and I am standing in our kitchen looking into what will be our sun room area!

As you can see, I am standing in the master bathroom in the new addition. This is how it looked before the old exterior wall was torn down. You can still see the old kitchen windows and the wood of the old house. 

We have a roof! It is coming along, so quickly.

''
Wahoo, I am standing in what will be another window in our bathroom. It is not going to be a door haha!

Bam! The walls have came down! Those old exterior wood walls from the previous picture, yes, you see, they are not longer in the picture! Jordan is standing in our closet taking a picture into our bedroom! It is gong to be HUGE.

This is me in our kitchen. It is going to be MASSIVE, but I am so excited about it. The kitchen as my Granny always said was the center of the household. It is where family's truly unite (and who wouldn't when you had my Granny cooking). Hopefully I will be able to cook as good as my Granny, Mama, and Jordan's Mama, Kem does, but for now I guess practicing is okay!

Jordan and I are so excited and blessed to be able to remodel a house, into our "current" dream home at the age of 25. Most people do not get to experience this until they are very much older. Love you!

Waaalahhh. Look at the open kitchen. The beam on the ceiling is wood, and will remain as a focal point in our kitchen. (There is also one in the Master bedroom as well). 

This will be our sun room, or dining room. Jordan and I have not decided on exactly what we would like this room to be, but we are excited to have it!

More kitchen views. 

This is our walk-in closet. 

This is our master bathroom. 

This is the old bathroom that will be renovated soon! :)

This is one of our favorite features, so far. We are leaving part of the old exterior wall as a wall in the sun/sitting room. We are going to re-finish it, and it adds perfectly to our rustic-farmhouse theme! 

As you can see, Jordan and I are very lucky, and thankful to be able to have a house and turn it into OUR home. I know that my grandparents would be proud, and all of the family members that have lived or visited the house that we are remodeling would be proud also. My grandparents would have LOVED Jordan for being such a hard worker, and I wish dearly that they could have met him and what all he has changed about their former property. It looks 100 times better, and more like us, but still with their heritage in mind. Today, I would also like to thank both of our families, our Mama's and siblings, but especially both of our Dad's because you two have helped us SO much already on this house, and we are grateful to have you as our parents. We could not have handpicked better parents or siblings even if we tried. Thanks to everyone for their help so far, in making this old family farmhouse OUR future home!

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING!!! So happy to see it coming along so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am very Excited! Can't wait till you see the finished product! :)

      Delete